Prevent Flat Baked Goods
- Always make sure that your Baking Soda and Baking Powder are fresh – discard if expired.
- Beat eggs until fluffy (if no allergy issues) or, for cakes and cupcakes, you can separate yolks and whites and beat whites until stiff peaks form then fold and incorporate gently into rest of batter.
- Make sure that baked goods are fully cooked.
- Never overfill your pans
- Bake quick breads, yeast breads, cakes, and cupcakes as soon as ingredients are assembled
- Sometimes lowering your oven by 25 degrees and cooking slightly longer than the recipe calls for will yield better results in allergy free cooking.
- Grease only the bottom of your pans – allows batter to cling to the sides and rise in the middle.
- Do not overmix your batters – mix until ingredients are just incorporated or you risk deflating your batter.