What To Eat and Not-to-Eat To Heal the Gut?
Anyone who has followed me for a while knows that one of my favorite topics, and what I believe in the most, is the importance of a HEALTHY GUT!! It is also what I work the most on with all of my clients, no matter what they are seeing me for. Here is my proven theory:
HEALTHY GUT = Happy Body = Focused Brain = Strong Immunity = Reduced Illness = Reduced Depression = Happy Mind = Youthful Energy = TRUE HEALTH
When our guts are out of balance, we end up with inflammation throughout our bodies and many underlying health issues that throws the whole equation above OUT OF BALANCE! But if we put our focus on healing our guts, we can reduce the inflammatory and immune processes involved in so many different diseases and put ourselves onto a path to health!
By focusing on eating the right foods, we can see HUGE health improvements.
- Most vegetables—Asparagus, spinach, lettuce, broccoli, beets, cauliflower, carrots, celery, artichokes, garlic, onions, zucchini, squash, rhubarb, cucumbers, turnips, watercress, and others.
- Bone Broth made from the bones of grass-fed and organic poultry and beef
- Fermented foods—Sauerkraut, kimchi, fermented cucumbers, coconut yogurt, kombucha, and water kefir that have been homemade.
- Meats—Fish (wild caught), chicken (organic, pastured), beef/lamb/bison/organ meats (grassfed)
- Coconut—coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut flour
- Organic herbal teas
- Herbs and spices—basil, black pepper, cilantro, coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, quercetin, rosemary, sage, sea salt, turmeric, thyme
You should avoid these because they add to inflammation:
- Fermented cheese
- Wine and alcohol
- Refined carbohydrates of any kind, even if they are gluten-free- including white bread, pasta, cookies, cakes, crackers, potato chips, sugary drinks, dried fruits and all juices
- Artificial sweeteners
- All real sugars and sweeteners, even agave and raw honey
- White potatoes
- All grains
- Soy including all soy products like soy milk, tofu, soy sauce, tempeh, and soy protein
- Processed or canned foods
- Farm raised fish of any kind
- Sodium nitrite
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils (which includes trans fats)
- Any preservatives or artificial flavors, even if they say “natural flavors”
- Any foods that have been tested as allergic or sensitive to
- NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs)
- Vegetable oil and canola oil except for olive oil
- All dairy products
If you have symptoms such as chronic bad breath, sinus congestion, are depressed or anxious, have fatigue and/or low energy, bloating and gas, brain fog, any autoimmune disease, reflux, heartburn, or even chronic stress, then you can benefit from a healing diet!
Focus on eating the right foods and getting rid of the wrong and you really can discover a whole new world of health!
When we heal our guts, we can discover a whole new life.