Nov
2013

Your Gluten-Free & Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Menu & Grocery List

Gluten Free Thanksgiving Recipes

Gluten-Free Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Menu & Shopping List…

Everything you need from start to finish…

My family does NOT like change when it comes to the holidays. They want the same thing every year.  Every. Single. Year.

“It’s tradition!” they say. “You don’t mess with tradition.” they say.

Sigh. I would love to mess with tradition and change things up a bit.

But… then there would likely be a massive revolt at our Thanksgiving table. And I hate family drama more than they hate change.

You should have heard the gasp when I actually had the gall to suggest that we have Prime Rib for Thanksgiving instead of Turkey this year…

“But Prime Rib is for Christmas!“… they whined….

Okay. Fine. They win. We are sticking to tradition….

And here it is…

Our entire Gluten-Free and Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Tradition – the Menu, from start to finish, including my plan, timing, a printable grocery list, and everything in between.

Your Thanksgiving – COMPLETELY DONE FOR YOU!

And since my family looks forward to this meal all year long (even the ones without ANY food allergies or food restrictions), you can feel fairly confident that your family should love it too!

Here you go.. From Beginning to End.. Everything you need Cranberry Citrus Sauce The Cranberry Citrus-Cider Sauce RecipeThis recipe is so easy to throw together… it literally takes five minutes. And while it is simmering on the stove, your house smells AMAZING. And this is the recipe my kids make all by themselves every year… yup. It is THAT easy. ;)

Make Ahead Green Bean Salad

The Cold Green Bean and Shallot Salad Recipe-This is a great one to make ahead of time so that you don’t even have to worry about it the day of. In fact, this one is best when it gets to sit for a day in the fridge.

Crockpot Mashed Potatoes The Crock-Pot Mashed Potato Recipe-This recipe is great because you can make it the morning of and then not worry about it again until it is time to serve it up at mealtime…another little trick to a stress-less Thanksgiving meal.  Plus, there are 4 secrets included here to give you perfect (aka non-gummy) mashed potatoes EVERY time! There is also a recipe for Allergy-Friendly Cornbread on this post too….

Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing

The Best Gluten-Free Stuffing with Apples, Pine Nuts, Sausage, and a Secret Ingredient-This is the one recipe that I never like to be without on Thanksgiving. It has a secret ingredient that no one will ever guess and it makes it taste amazing! My kiddos cannot get enough of this one…

Gluten Free Cider Glazed Turkey The Cider-Glazed Brined Turkey with Apple-Brandy Gravy -If you have not tried to brine a turkey yet, this is the year that you should give it a go… This recipe is divine but the brining AND the Apple Brandy Gravy will add that extra something-something that will leave you wishing you had made a bigger turkey for extra leftovers. ;)

Gluten-Free Crustless Pumpkin Pie

The Crustless Streusel Pumpkin Pie Recipe – This is one of those recipes that is so easy to make that it will shock and awe you. You literally put all of the ingredients in the blender and pour into your pie dish. Then part-way through baking it you top it with that amazing streusel topping and then let it finish cooking…and you end up with this incredible pumpkin pie with a streusel topping that is far more addicting than should be possible… all totally allergy-friendly.

Gluten Free Thanksgiving Menu

OKAY…now that you have your menu…you need a plan to pull it off without feeling stressed out and overwhelmed.

Here it is spelled out and organized. From the shopping, to the cooking, to the serving. It is all set for you.

And now that you have your plan…you need your shopping list to hit the ground running. If you make this menu from start to finish, this list has EVERYTHING you need. Just head to the store with it and you are good to go!

I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with family, friends, amazing food, and lots and lots of traditions!

You can be sure mine will be… my family won’t let it be any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!

1. On November 19, 2013 Alison St. Sure said

You are awesome Kim!! I will be sharing this with my GF and food allergy peeps. (And how are you buy the way – it’s been a long time! :) )

• On November 20, 2013 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Alison!! How are you? Long time no talk..for sure. ;) All is well on this end! I hope you and your family are doing well and that you all have an amazing Thanksgiving holiday! And thank YOU for sharing this with your peeps!

2. On November 19, 2013 Diane Eblin said

Love it! Bring some leftovers for my birthday please.

• On November 20, 2013 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Diane, I SO wish you could just come sit at the table with my family… you would fit right in with this crew. ;)

3. On November 19, 2013 Alisa said

Amazing Kim. You an make it look easy, but I still think you are superwoman! This is going to be my first year hosting a “real” Thanksgiving – so I better get my act together!

• On November 20, 2013 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Alisa, I have no doubt in my mind that you will pull off one amazing meal… your crew is going to love your “real” Thanksgiving! ;)

4. On November 19, 2013 Nadine said

This list is full of amazing recipes. With a husband and 2 kids who can’t have dairy, a nephew that can’t have dairy, eggs, gluten, peanuts or sesame, and me – a celiac with an egg allergy – this is a gift from heaven!! THANK YOU!

5. On November 19, 2013 Nadine said

• On November 20, 2013 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Nadine! Thank you so much! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday meal. Keep us posted on how it all goes! :)

6. On November 22, 2013 Maggie said

I’m coming just for that crustless pumpkin streusel pie my oh my :) Seriously, I wish I could come! xo

• On November 24, 2013 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

One of these days, Maggie… that is going to be a reality. We have to make it happen! :D XO

7. On November 23, 2013 Jen@PregnantDiabetic said

oooo pumpkin streusel pie?! Yummmy!!!

8. On November 24, 2013 Hiromi said

This is my third year using your recipes Kim. This year I have 17 coming for dinner. Do you think I should increase the stuffing amount? Can’t remember how much we had left over last year when I only had 12.

• On November 24, 2013 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Hiromi!! YAY! So happy you are still using the recipes! For your stuffing question, I also have 17 coming this year and I am going one-and-a-half the recipe, just in case. That way there are extras for leftovers at least. :) I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and cannot wait to hear how all of the recipes turned out again!

• On November 24, 2013 Hiromi said

Thanks Kim will do the same. I made both stuffings the first year but the family said the cornbread one was better so have only made yours since. If I have time would like to try the salted caramel tart. Looks amazing.