Something special is waiting for you on the shelf of your closest bookstore… or in your nearest Amazon warehouse…
There is a newly released cookbook that is seriously calling your bacon-loving name and is ready to show you the wonders of the whole hog …
Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog, by Matthew McCarry and Stacy Toth (better known as The Paleo Parents), just hit the market
This is the book for you if you are a self-declared bacon lover who is ready to go even beyond and explore the world of cooking with the whole kit and kaboodle!
Filled with beautiful stories, descriptions, mouth-watering photos, and over 100 incredible recipes dedicated to the entire pig, you will likely want to read this book cover to cover as if it were a novel. At least you will if you are anything like me.
I grew up watching my Mom go to bed at night with her cookbooks as her novels and pleasure reading. I have apparently inherited this same trait… as has my oldest son. We both love “reading” cookbooks, and this one did not disappoint.
When this one arrived on our doorstep, and I told my son that it was by the same authors who wrote Eat Like A Dinosaur, he immediately opened it and proceeded to post-it every single recipe that he wanted us to make.
This is what the book looked like when he was done…
And he has held me to cooking through this book. We have really been having fun with some of the inventive and creative recipes…and the boys have been getting a kick out of all the different ways you can use pork.
Okay…A little more about the book….
From the Paleo Parents website:
“All the recipes in Beyond Bacon are elegant yet approachable, making it the ultimate cookbook for the foodie in you. You’ll find:
- Perfect Pork Chops, better than most restaurant steaks,
- Pho Soup with chitterling “noodles” and other healing and delicious soups and stews to stretch your dollar,
- the already-famous-among-recipe-testers Savory Bacon Jam fantastic with green apples or our Homestyle Biscuits
- sweet treats made luxuriously rich with lard, such as Grain-Free Pie Crust, Salted Mocha Biscotti, Fudge, and Maple Lard Scones,
- instructions on how to properly BBQ and smoke your meats as well as recipes to make your own sauces,
- instructions for curing your own bacon, pancetta and even home-made sausage better than store bought,
- details on how to properly fry foods, like Corn Dogs with Sweet Potato Crisps and Sweet & Sour Pork, and
- an extensive guide on how to make and cook with the nutrient dense essentials: pork stock and CLA-rich lard.”
And did I mention the photos? Oh. Well… I’m telling you now. Beeeautifulll! I am a super-visual person and the photography throughout this entire book had me wowed.
If you don’t believe me, you can go check out the 76 five star reviews (out of a total of 77) over on Amazon to see how much others have been enjoying this book as well.
Now, I would love to share a copy with one of you, my wonderful readers, so that you start enjoying this one too.
UPDATE: THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED AND THE WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED BY EMAIL!!
If you would like a copy of this book, just simply do One, Two, or all Three of the following for a chance to win one. Just leave A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one that you do so that you can earn an extra entry for each.
1. Tell me what intrigues you about this cookbook!
3. Share this post with your friends on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or other social media and leave an additional comment saying you did so. Help spread the word about this great new cookbook!
The contest will end on Thursday, August 1st at 9am PST. The winners will be announced then. You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
Disclaimer: While I did receive an advance copy of the cookbook, I was not paid for this review and the opinions are entirely my own. The cookbook included in this giveaway is being provided by me.
Links are affiliate links…