Aug

Let’s Go Surfing Now…Everybody’s Learning How…

Let's Go Surfing Now

Well these two are at least…

Based on my inactivity online lately, you would think I have been very very busy…

But really, the things I have been doing make me feel like I have not been really busy at all.

One of those things that I have been doing is watching my boys learn how to surf.

This is the moment they have been waiting for. Dad has finally declared them to be strong enough swimmers and good enough boogie-boarders that they can now hang ten with the Big Kahoona himself.

Dad FINALLY has his surfing buddies that he has been waiting for since the birth of our first son.

In all honesty, I am surprised he has been so patient over these last eight years.

Of course, I suppose it should have been no surprise that both boys popped right up on their boards and are now completely hooked. They have both been begging to hit the waves now…like every other second.

Here is my hotshot big guy…I wonder sometimes if he is part fish. I even told him this.┬áHe looked at me like I was crazy and simply told me he is so comfortable in the ocean because he respects it. Sheesh, Mom!

Everybody's gone surfing

And then, of course, my newly five year old baby was not about to let his big brother show him up…he hopped on that thing and had people on the beach doing a double take to see such a little guy catching waves.

Let's Go Surfing Now

So…I am having fun watching all of my boys spend their day out in the ocean on the “big boards” now.

They are just growing up way too quickly. Just a couple of summers ago, I was writing about how Dad was taking our oldest out on his inaugural boogie-board ride, and how baby brother was so sad he was not yet big enough. And now look at them!

Sniff. Sniff. Time is flying by too fast.

Next week I will be back with my regularly scheduled programming here at Cook It Allergy Free. I have recipes, giveaways, and other fun surprises planned.

But until then?

I will be busy trying to keep these growing boys fed so that they have enough energy to catch that next perfect wave...

I miss you all but will see you very shortly…school is about to start up again and my youngest will now be starting Kindergarten. This means I am going to have a lot of time on my hands soon.

I have a feeling you are all going to start to get sick of me…

Until then, I just hope you are enjoying the heck out of your summer! Kowabunga, Dudes! ;)

1. On August 2, 2012 Pardis Baradar said

That is so great about your boys swimming and surfing….We have a vacation to Legoland scheduled, and now I am worried about how to keep my son’s Epi pen safe and dry… Also, if he is highly allergic to Shellfish, would he be able to swim in the ocean safely?

P
    Any feedback helps, thanks,

p

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Pardis! Do you have a water proof pouch for the epi? My girlfriend has one for her kids and has saved her a number of times from ruining them. And as far as swimming in the ocean with a shellfish allergy, you may want to ask your doctor about that. I know several friends with shellfish allergies, however, who are in the ocean regularly without any problems!! Hope you guys have a great time in Legoland!

2. On August 2, 2012 Jeannie Wilson said

I have missed not talking to you this week and now I know why. You have been busy with the boys. Grandpa and I just LOVE – LOVE the pictures. I can’t believe they are both hanging 10! We are so proud of them and wish more than anything that we were there with you. We are going to need some pictures for our family wall. Hugs and Loves,
    Mommacitta

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Mom, I will make sure to email copies of the originals as raw images so Grandpa can play with them and do all of his fancy editing! :D
      Love you!!

3. On August 2, 2012 Maggie said

Oh my goodness, those two could not be any cuter! How awesome is this Kim! I’m so excited for them :) So glad your summer’s been good! xo

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Thanks Maggie!! So hard to believe that our summer is already almost over though. Man, these days are sure flying by! xo

4. On August 2, 2012 Shirley @ gfe said

This post and these photos make me so happy!! Well, not the sniff, sniff part (sorry, Mom, it can be tough to see them grow up so quickly!) but I am so, so proud of them, and bravo to dad for doing an excellent job teaching them. Now tell the little guy that he is bound to be back on the news when the word reaches the media about his 5-year old surfing expertise and this time no potty talk. ;-)

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Haha!! Shirley, he has already been informed that there will be no more potty humor allowed on the evening news! You would have died if you had seen him in person on that board. He looked so stinking LITTLE!! I think people thought we were being irresponsible putting such a little kiddo out there. Little did they know he could probably swim better than them. LOL

5. On August 3, 2012 Carol said

I always thought you are supposed to raise your kids to soar and you are doing just that. This is the cutest thing I have seen all week, it made my day.

I have always dreamed of being able to surf. Maybe Kurt can teach me. I don’t think it would be as easy as teaching those boys though. :)

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Carol, I have already informed Kurt that he will be teaching you how to surf the next time you are in Cali! You better watch out though. He has managed to get everyone he has ever taught up and surfing. You will be hanging 10 before you know it. LOL

6. On August 5, 2012 Debi said

That is SO awesome! One of my cousins used to hate the sand when he was a toddler. Now you have to drag him off his surfboard and out of the ocean. :D

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Debi, it is so funny that you say that about your cousin. My oldest refused to put his feet in the sand the first few years of his life. NOW he is literally covered head to toe in it the whole time we are at the beach! :D

7. On August 5, 2012 Heather @Gluten-Free said

Kindergarten! I’ll be thinking of you when I get my batch of kinderlings this week!!

I couldn’t figure out how to leave a comment on your kitchen post. Maybe the comments are closed. BUT I have to tell you that I LOVE your kitchen!! I have serious counter envy though. I love your natural light and can just picture you working happily with your boys running in and out. Great post!

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hope your first week of school has been going great so far, Heather!! Those Kindergarten kiddos are too cute, but I am sure they are a handful..LOL

And thanks for the nice words about my kitchen, my friend!! :D

8. On August 6, 2012 Alisa said

What impressive little men Kim! Serious double-takes. They’ve obviously got dad’s surfing talents. Good thing mom’s got the camera talent to capture the great pictures!

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Haha! Thanks, Alisa! Kurt has tried to teach me to surf a few times. While I managed to get up, I just did not love it…I told him I would stick to the sand and cheer the crew on from there! :D

9. On August 7, 2012 Sarena said

NOOOO, they are growing up too fast! Sounds like you guys are having a great summer! That is what memories are made of. Enjoy every second of it my friend! Sadly summer is over here. We are on to the next adventure…high school and middle school!

• On August 8, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Wow!! Sarena, I cannot believe you are already heading off to middle and high school with your boys! It is so crazy how fast time is flying by these days! Summer just blew by…
      Hope back-to-school is treating you all well! :D

10. On August 10, 2012 Angela said

NO WAY!!! Check them out!! Very impressive to say the least. What cute li’l surfer dudes you have yourself :)

• On August 11, 2012 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Haha!! Thanks, Angela! They are pretty proud of themselves, for sure! Now they just have to master wakeboarding. Maybe Slade can show them how it’s done at the lake today! :D XOXO

1. [...] have been playing on the beach, learning to surf, swimming non-stop in the pool, playing tennis, and…even cleaning ovens (since the boys [...]