This Allergy-Friendly Watermelon Strawberry Slushy “Recipe” is one of the quickest treats you can throw together on these sweltering summer days
….and I use the term recipe verrrry loosely since it almost really isn’t even one.
…and I only say sweltering because it has been 110 here for the last seven days straight…with no end in sight.
This is such an easy drink to throw together…just throw the ingredients into the blender…turn on…viola. Simple Slushies.
And the best part is that you can also throw any of your leftovers into your popsicle molds and end up with a frozen treat just an hour or so later!
So if you are looking for simple ideas to stay cool and healthy this summer… this is an easy one.
Plus, just check out all of the great reasons you should be including watermelons and strawberries into your diet anyway… 😉
Some Health Benefits of Watermelon.
- A powerful antioxidant – rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C
- Extremely high in Lycopene – great for supporting vision, the immune system, and cancer prevention
- Rich in B Vitamins – so an excellent source of energy production
- High in Citruline, an amino acid that our bodies use to make Arginine, another amino acid that is used in the urea cycle to remove ammonia from the body
- Exceptionally high in hydrating water content
Some Health Benefits of Strawberries.
- Packed with high levels of Vitamin C, Potassium, Vitamin K, and Manganese – they are completely nutrient dense
- Full of powerful Antioxidants to aid in strengthening the immune system
- Exceptionally beneficial in fighting inflammatory conditions and aiding in cancer prevention
- Beneficial in eye health and bone health
- Helpful in Rebuilding Tooth Health
And just a note of advice…with all of this red goodness, perhaps these are best consumed outside… 😉
This happened less than 2 minutes after I sent my boys and their drippy sticky fingers and faces outside and off of my couch…mama’s intuition!
Allergy-Friendly Watermelon Strawberry Slushies
- 3 – 4 cups Watermelon, cubed into 2 inch pieces
- 12 – 15 Strawberries (make ’em organic), medium sized, cored
- 2 – 3 cups Ice Cubes
- 1 cup Water
1. Place all ingredients into blender. Blend for 30 seconds – 1 minute until all ingredients are combined. Serve in frosty glass. Pour remaining slushy into popsicles molds and freeze for at least 1 hour for a frozen treat.
And just in case, I don’t “see” you around here before next week…
May your Fourth of July be full of glittery skies, dripping in exploding rays of lights, and squeals of laughter….from the children and from you.
Does anyone have any fun activities planned for the holiday??