How to be Healthier Through the Holidays.
Today Amy is sharing her ideas of how to make that happen over at her site and she would love for you to head over to SSGF and share your favorite healthier dishes or even your secrets to maintaining your sanity and health during this time of year when decadent temptations are lurking around every corner.
She is also giving away two copies of her new cookbook, so make sure to head over to enter to win.
And I have four really important ways of keeping my own family healthy during this holiday season. And hopefully some of these tips will help to keep your family healthy this winter as well.
None of them are very difficult. None of them are overwhelming. And all of them are wonderful ways to keep our immune systems healthy and strong during the season that begs them to be anything but.
4 Ways to Keep Your Immune System Strong This Holiday Season:
1. Add Homemade Bone Broth to EVERYTHING!
Why? Because Bone Broth:
- Promotes Healing and Support of Gastro-intestinal Disorders
- Acts as A Digestive Aid
- Is Packed with Macro-Minerals
- Is rich in Collagen and Gelatin
- Can be used in Soup, Cooking Liquid, Sauces, or Tea
- Is full of Protein and Amino Acids
- Enhances Joint Support
- And most importantly, is an amazing Immune System Supporter.
Read my post about the Benefits of Bone Broth for even more information.
2. Sip Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Regularly.
Why? Because Raw Apple Cider Vinegar that has the “mother” still in it:
- Is Rich in Enzymes & Potassium
- Supports a healthy Immune System
- Helps to Eliminate Heartburn naturally
- Helps to Improve Bowel Irregularity
- Helps to control weight by breaking down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them
- Helps with Joint Pain and Stiffness
- Helps to Clear Up Skin Conditions
- Promotes Digestion & ph Balance
- Helps soothe Dry Throats and Reduce Sinus Infections
- Helps Balance High Cholesterol
- Helps to Prevent Against Food Poisoning
- Helps remove Body Sludge Toxins
- Helps to Improve Metabolism which encourages Weight Loss
- Can help to reduce Bad Breath
- Can be a natural remedy for Diarrhea
- Potentially helps to reduce the levels of glucose in the blood, thus controlling blood sugar levels
- Can help alleviate Menstrual Pains
- Can help reduce appearance of Cellulite
Go read this post on the benefits of raw Apple Cider Vinegar for even more information.
3. Focus on Healing the Leaky Gut.
Why? Because a Leaky Gut can be a root cause to a myriad of Health Problems. Here are steps for healing:
- Re-establish internal ecology and healthy intestinal flora with anti-fungals and probiotics
- Eat fermented foods
- Address nutritional deficiencies focusing on increasing antioxidant intake
- Change the diet to incorporate only natural and organic foods
- Eliminate all processed foods, refined sugars, and refined white flours from the diet
- Include quality soluble and insoluble fiber into the diet
- Remove hard to digest proteins such as gluten and dairy from the diet
- Add in digestive enzymes to the diet to aid in proper food breakdown
- Enhance the mucosal lining of the stomach
- Increase consumption of essential fatty acids
- Avoid Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) and antibiotics whenever possible
- Try a Rotation Diet
- Increase Vitamin C Intake
- Make Your own BONE BROTH
You can read my post about 15 Tips on How to Heal the Leaky Gut for even more information.
4. Add As Many Raw Foods to Your Diet As Possible.
Why? Because raw foods are living foods that are full of beneficial enzymes and probiotics. Here are some of my favorite raw foods to easily add to your diet:
- Fresh Green Juices
- Chia Seeds
- Raw Kefir
- Pumpkin Seeds and Sunflower Seeds
- Coconut Oil and Coconut Cream (in the raw, organic, un-refined state)
- Cultured Fermented Vegetables, such as Sauerkraut and Kimchi
For why each of these foods are beneficial, read my post about 10 Raw Foods for Digestive and Brain Health.
How do you stay Healthier Through the Holidays?