Nov

Get Ready, Get Set, and Cook!

Gluten Free Thanksgiving Recipes

It is just about go-time for all of the Thanksgiving cooking and prepping to begin.

I have a feeling that with all of the amazing allergy-friendly Thanksgiving recipes out there in the blog-world, there will be some really good eating this holiday season, food allergies or not!

We will be sticking to our menu. My family is stubborn. They like tradition. They do not like change.

And really? I have worked years on perfecting this menu. So I would be silly to mess with it. So, if you have not nailed down your menu yet, these recipes are all gluten-free, allergy-friendly, tried, true, and well-loved over the last nine years.

THE MENU

Cranberry Citrus Cider Sauce

Cold Green Bean and Shallot Salad

Simple and Delicious Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes - a method to not leave you doing the well-known Thanksgiving jig called the Last Minute Potato Mash

My Homemade Gluten-Free Cornbread Recipe - to use for the stuffing and a variation on the recipe to make the muffins to serve with the meal.

The Family Favorite Gluten-Free Cornbread and Crusty Bread Stuffing Recipe with Apples, Sausage, pine-nuts, golden raisins, and a secret ingredient that knocks this one out of the park.

Cider Glazed Brined Turkey with Apple Brandy Gravy - trust me when I say you will be eating this gravy with a spoon (a perfect reason to make a lot of it)

Toffee Pecan Caramel Apple Streusel

Crustless Pumpkin Streusel Pie

If you do decide to make any of the items on this menu, then you will want to click on the Shopping List. It is your full printable grocery list of all of the items you will need for each dish.

PRINTABLE THANKSGIVING SHOPPING LIST

And this Thanksgiving, I will be giving thanks for you, my completely wonderful readers. All of you reading this blog and commenting and sharing your stories each day makes this such a happy place for me. I am grateful for all of you.

So I wish all of you, and your families, an absolutely positively amazingly fantabulous Allergy-Friendly Thanksgiving Holiday!

I cannot wait to hear how wonderful all of your feasts were.

Gluten-Free Stuffing Recipe with Apples and Sausage Gluten Free Crustless Pumpkin Streusel Pie

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!!

1. On November 21, 2011 Johanna B said

I will be taking your green bean and shallot salad to a family dinner on TG day. Thanks for the idea. It sounds delicious.

• On November 21, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Johanna! I think you will love the salad. The best part is that you can make it the night before since the flavors get even better with time. ;) Enjoy! And Happy Thanksgiving.

2. On November 21, 2011 Shirley @ gfe said

So beautiful! Other than horning in on your family celebration, I wish I could be there with you. Then I could enjoy all your amazing recipes and not be cooking (or cleaning!) myself. ;-)

• On November 21, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Shirley, I just finished sending you an email saying how I just wish you guys could be here for Thanksgiving and we could be cooking together. The best part about Thanksgiving here is that because I do the meal, everyone else does the dishes. So then you and I could really kick back and enjoy a cocktail while dishes are done and while we are basking in our food coma together. Maybe one year this could happen…. Seriously! ;)

3. On November 21, 2011 Jeanette said

Kim, my kids are the same – they like to stick to the same menu every year – I guess that’s tradition. Although this is our first gluten-free, dairy-free Thanksgiving, I think I’ve got the same menu, modified to hopefully taste just as good without the gluten and dairy. Thank you for being such a wonderful resource – I will be referring to your recipes over the next couple of days during Thanksgiving countdown. Happy Thanksgiving and wishing you and your family a wonderful relaxing holiday!

• On November 21, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Jeanette, I can only imagine the amazingness that will be on your table this year! I am completely certain that even though this will be your first gf and df Thanksgiving that your menu will be utterly fabulous and no one will even be able to tell the difference! ;) Have an absolutely wonderful holiday yourself!

4. On November 22, 2011 Carol, SGF said

I will be right over! Lokks like a wonderful menu. I am not allowed to change a single thing on our menu and I agree – why mess with a godd thing?

I hope you and your beautiful family have a fabulous Thanksgiving!
    c

• On November 27, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Carol, If it is not broken, don’t fix it. Right? LOL And I am 100% SURE that your feast is absolutely positively amazing. I would love to be sitting at your table one of these days (and drinking and gossiping and cooking with you the night before as well).