Sep

Cook It Allergy Free iPhone App Is On Sale Now!!

Cook It Allergy Free iPhone App

The Cook It Allergy Free iPhone and iPad Apps are on Sale…for the month of September ONLY!

Almost everyone is back to school now.  The days of summer are officially behind us (even if the temperatures do not feel like it) and we are now, once again, faced with our rushed mornings trying to get out of the door, hectic afternoons filled with after-school activities, and busy evenings full of homework and dinner routines.

In honor of this event, for the month of September only, I am doing a special price reduction for the Cook IT Allergy Free iPhone App and iPad Apps.  I thought it would be appropriate since we could all really use a tool or two that would help us to navigate these busy days.

And although the App cannot make your breakfast for you, or finish your daughter’s homework, or get the dinner on the table, it can help to create meal plans, shopping lists, organize your recipe box, all customized to your family’s food allergy needs.

You can see from the video that this is a tool to help families who are navigating the challenges of cooking for those with food restrictions and specialized diets.

The Cook It Allergy iPhone and iPad App provides a tool at your fingertips for those living with Celiac Disease, Autism, or Food Allergies or Sensitivities.  The App has more than 200 gluten-free recipes that can all be customized to meet each user’s individual food allergy and dietary restriction needs.

I will also be adding close to 100 more recipes, including many for the upcoming holidays, over the next month!

Recipes have been contributed by many of the leading bloggers in the gluten-free and allergy-free community. Alisa (of Go Dairy Free and Alisa Cooks), Lexie (of Lexie’s Kitchen), Shirley (of gfe-gluten free easily), Zoe (of Z’s Cup of Tea), Jenny (of Creative Cooking: Gluten Free), Rhonda (of Allergy Sense), Michelle (of Allergy Sense),  and Sarah (of Sarah B Designs)…. these women have helped to create an invaluable resource and have given a gift to this project.

The App also offers a number of other features.  You can:

• Find tons of great tips and tricks for gluten-free and allergy-free cooking that will help to give you delicious results in the recipes.
  • Share recipes and cooking tips with your friends through Email, Facebook, and Twitter directly from the app.
  • Save recipes to your Grocery List to have all of the ingredients you need, including your substitutions for your allergens, at your fingertips for easy shopping.
  • Organize your Grocery List By Aisle or By Recipe. And you are also able to add items from your daily home list as well.
  • Check off items as you shop →clear single ingredients, entire recipes, or your entire list with simple taps.
  • Email your Grocery list to yourself (or whoever is doing the shopping) or use the list directly from the iPhone or iPad
  • Save your customized recipes to your category-organized Recipe Box
  • Have offline access to your Recipe Box anytime.
  • Keep your own notes within each recipe to remind yourself of what you liked or did not like about a recipe.
  • Find endless tips and FAQ’s on how to use the App.

And for the month of September ONLY:

The iPhone Version is available for $3.99 at the Apple Store.

gluten free App

And the iPad Version is available for $6.99 at the Apple Store.

gluten free iPad App

OH! AND I MAY JUST DO A SURPRISE GIVEAWAY OF ONE OF MY FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE/ALLERGY-FRIENDLY COOKBOOKS TO ONE COMMENTER HERE -AND I MAY EVEN GIVE YOU A CHOICE OF WHICH BOOK! BUT, LIKE I SAID….IT IS A SURPRISE. ;)

1. On September 8, 2011 Star Taylor said

i love the idea of this app! Never knew there was anything like it out there. Will definitely be looking into it. :)

2. On September 8, 2011 April Beshires said

Just got my app!!! Thank you!!!!

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Yay!! April! I hope you enjoy it! ;) I am about to add a huge number of new recipes, so be on the lookout!

3. On September 8, 2011 Jesscica said

Is this app available for Android? I am totally going to buy one for my IPAD, but my phone is a droid. I cant wait to try it.

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Jessica! We have been working on an Android version. Just ran into a couple of snags. I will update everyone when it is available, though!

4. On September 8, 2011 Pam said

I just bought your app. Thanks for all you do on this site!

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Thank you so much, Pam! I do it because I know what a challenge it can be. It helps to have a community to bounce questions and ideas off of! ;)

5. On September 8, 2011 kelly said

life is hard enough when you can’t eat what’s around you without making a big effort, I appreciate your app, I don’t have young kids but taking care of myself is certainly a handful and this makes life that much easier! thank you!!

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Kelly, one of the reasons I got into this field was because of my husband. I was trying to make his new style of allergy-friendly eating easy for him so that he did not feel overwhelmed and tempted to cheat. He does really well now and feels great for the first time in years! I made the app with adults AND kids in mind. ;)

6. On September 8, 2011 Tiffany Eby said

Love your blog and looking forward to using my new app.

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Thanks so much, Tiffany!! I hope you enjoy the app. Lots of new recipes will be coming soon! ;)

7. On September 8, 2011 kerry said

Thank you for this wonderful new app! I immediately downloaded it yesterday, when I saw it on facebook and am very impressed with what I’ve read thus far. Of note, I was charged the regular price of $8.99, plus tax at the Apple store.

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Kerry, thanks so much for downloading the App. I am so sorry you got it yesterday. What time did you purchase it? I believe you have 24 or 48 hours to refund the App. Then you could re-purchase it at the sale price! Glad you like it so far though. More recipes are coming.

8. On September 8, 2011 Cindy said

I think the app sounds like a wonderful convenience.

9. On September 8, 2011 InTolerantChef said

Hurry with the android app please!

10. On September 8, 2011 Michelle said

This is fabulous! I just downloaded the app, so I haven’t had a chance to use it but I suspect that it is going to rock! My fiance and his family, as well as my Dad are always calling me for gluten-free subs in cooking. There is a very likely possibility that they will be receiving this app for Christmas gifts.

On a side note, I was reading your bio and, like you, I am going into school for nutrition. I would have to say that being forced into a gluten-free diet was the best thing for me. I love cooking and baking and I’ve learned so much about nutrition. My fiance rolls his eyes when people start asking me about what I eat because I can’t stop talking about the amazing things that I’ve discovered/created.

Thank you!

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Michelle!! How awesome that you are going back to school for nutrition! Where are you getting your degree from? I know exactly how you feel, by the way! My hubby teases me too about how excited and animated I get about health and nutrition!! It is just too exciting not to share. I just wish everyone else understood that too! ;)

11. On September 8, 2011 Sue said

This is great! I am going to download the app. Thank you for the sale.

• On September 8, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

HI Sue! Thanks so much for downloading the app! I hope you like it! Lots of new recipes will be added soon! Keep your eye out! ;)

12. On September 9, 2011 Sonya said

Thanks so much for this sale! I’ve looked at the app once before when Heidi (Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom) mentioned it. Glad she mentioned it again today so I could get in on the sale. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

• On September 9, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

HI Sonya! So glad you were able to take advantage of the sale! Hope you enjoy putting the app through its’ paces!! ;)

13. On September 10, 2011 Stephanie said

What an awesome idea. I am new to the dairy free thing and find is so frustrating when it comes to trying to think of what to make for dinner and such. It seems like everything we ate had dairy in it somehow. I will have to buy this app for my iphone; I believe it will help me out a lot! Thank You!

• On September 10, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Thanks so much, Stephanie! I hope you enjoy the App! Let me know if you have any questions and make sure to watch out for new recipes that I will be adding! ;)

14. On September 11, 2011 danielle said

Waving “Hi” to Sonya! So funny to be reading the comments, checking out this app and see your sweet mug next to your comment and think, hey, I know her! Let me know how the app works out for you, I’m intrigued.

15. On September 12, 2011 Alyssa Daniels said

This is such a great idea! I have been in need of something like this! Thank you for sharing!!!

• On September 13, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Thanks so much, Alyssa!! Hope you enjoy it! Working on adding a number of new recipes! ;)

16. On September 13, 2011 Diane Eblin-thewhole said

Wow I can’t believe you have this on sale. I love this app. I have it on my iphone and my ipad. It’s great. I love the features, especially that I can adapt and save and also I’m offered options. Oh and the grocery list is cool too.

17. On September 13, 2011 Angela Abeyta said

I was referred to your site by a friend and I can’t wait to try this new app! Maybe going gluten free won’t be so difficult after all!

• On September 13, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

HI Angela!! I hope that this site and the app will help you on your new journey of living gluten free. Let me know if you have any questions or need help in jump starting your new was of eating!! ;)

18. On September 14, 2011 Lisa said

As someone newly diagnosed with Celiac, I am so glad to find all of these wonderful options open to me! Makes this seem not so overwhelming of a diagnosis.

• On September 20, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

HI Lisa, my goal is to help people realize that living with Celiac Disease (or food allergies) can still lead to eating wonderfully!! It does not have to be complicated or scary! If you ever have questions, please email me with them. WE have been dealing with Celiac Disease for over 6 years in our house. It has been a blessing, more than anything, because it has changed the way we eat for the better!! ;)

19. On September 17, 2011 Lee Ann said

I am new to this and just bought the app!! Thanks!!

• On September 18, 2011 Kim-Cook It Allergy Free said

Hi Lee Ann!! Let me know if you ever have any questions about the app or just about gluten free and allergy friendly cooking in general. I hope you enjoy the app!

20. On September 22, 2011 Mrs. Sloan said

I really think this is so neat. I need to avoid many different foods because of intolerances. I really like recipes. I really like recipe books and trying new things. Yet I seem to be in a funk when it comes to adapting my old recipes with my new needs.
    I do not have an i-phone or ipad. Which is a huge bummer, because I really like this and think I would use it a lot.

21. On September 28, 2011 Morgan said

This is SUCH a great idea!!! I would get this app in a heart beat if I had an iPhone! Will it also be available on android? Sorry if it’s already been asked. :)

22. On October 16, 2013 Gloria said

I love the idea of using this app, but I have an android tablet. Any news yet on the development of an app for this platform?

1. [...] on sale for the month of September. So, if you don’t want to wait to see if you win, go to Cook IT Allergy Free App Sale and get it. Blog this! Bookmark on Delicious Digg this post Recommend on Facebook Share on Linkedin [...]