I mean it. This Pineapple, Bacon, Arugula Salad with a Pineapple Champagne Vinaigrette is our family’s new favorite allergy-friendly and gluten-free summer salad.
It is so fresh and is absolutely bursting with flavor. The kids even asked for seconds with this one. Yes. Seconds on Salad. I will repeat just in case you are as shocked as I was.
Yes. The kids asked for seconds on this salad.
I admit to being on a bit of a pineapple kick lately. After all, I just recently shared my Pineapple Avocado Salsa and my Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes. But I cannot help it. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits and it completely reminds me of summer in so many ways.
Oh, and do not even get me started on the dressing for this. I have been eating it by itself with a spoon. It is just ever-so-slightly addicting, in a totally good way.
So, if you happen to be a fan of this enzyme and anti-oxidant rich fruit that is just bursting with health benefits, then I think I can go out on a limb and safely say you will really like this salad!
Pineapple, Bacon, and Arugula Salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free
- 1/2 cup Fresh Pineapple, diced
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 3 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (or more to reach desired consistency)
- 5 oz Arugula
- 1/2 cup Purple Cabbage, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 1 – 2 cups Fresh Pineapple, diced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. In blender, mix together: Pineapple, Champagne Vinegar, Shallot, Sea Salt and Pepper. While blender is running, slowly add in olive oil until dressing reaches desired consistency. Chill dressing until ready to use. Can be made ahead of time.
2. In salad bowl, add: Arugula, Cabbage, Red Onion, Pineapple, Avocado, and Crumbled Bacon. Toss with just enough dressing to coat greens lightly.
Note: This would be a wonderful main dish salad if you added Shrimp.