This Gluten Free Pineapple Avocado Salsa is going to hit the spot on those hot summer days.
Yes. I said it. Summer.
I know. It is hard to believe that even though Spring feels as if it just began, Summer is officially starting TODAY..at least for my boys. This is the last day of school before they are out for summer break.
It completely snuck up on me.
So? This is our signal to the beginning of… Summer camp. Endless hours in the pool. Weeks of fun at the beach. Art projects. Hot hot weather. Oh yeah..and air conditioning. Lots and lots of air-conditioning.
I suppose it is time to start getting into the summer cooking (or the absence of it) mode. I am mentally digging through my recipes that are great for our hot Arizona summer days.
Did I mention how grateful we are for that air-conditioning?
This Gluten Free (and everything-else-free) Pineapple Avocado Salsa is just one of those repices that fits the bill perfectly. The unbelievably sweet pineapple sitting on my counter, right next to the perfectly ripe avocado, reminded me of this delicious pairing.
The boys love snacking on this salsa with Organic White Corn Tortilla chips. And they think it is a total treat when I top my citrus-marinated flank steak tacos with it. They call those tacos an “easy dinner”…with “easy” referring to the fact that they do not roll their eyes at their plates and can devour more than one helping without any prodding from Mom and Dad.
This perfect summer appetizer is such a deliciously simple recipe and it is packed with only good things. It is fresh, fun, healthy, and totally colorful.
Oh..It also might just put you in the mood for a refreshing cocktail. I have a few of those up my sleeve, too. I will be sharing them soon. Consider yourself warned.
Easy Pineapple Avocado Summer Salsa
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Soy Free
- Juice from 1 large Lime (or 2 medium sized Limes)
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Pineapple – cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 ripe Avocados – cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Anaheim Pepper – seeded and finely diced (for more heat, use Jalapeno Pepper)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion – finely diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro – finely chopped
1. Whisk together: Juice of Limes, Honey , and Sea Salt in small bowl. Set aside.
2. In medium serving bowl add: Diced Pineapple, Diced Avocado, Diced/Seeded Pepper, Diced Red Onion, and Chopped Fresh Cilantro.
3. Pour Lime/Honey Mixture over Pineapple/Avocado Mixture. Toss to combine. Add additional Sea Salt, to taste, if desired.
4. Serve with Organic Tortilla Chips or top Steak or Chicken Tacos with it.