I feel that it would be criminal not to share my recipe for my Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Crustless Pumpkin Streusel Pie.
This is a must on our Thanksgiving table. At least for the majority of our family. I do have one silly Uncle is who repelled by all things orange and squash related. So…he eats my Toffee Pecan Caramel Apple Streusel instead.
But the rest of us, love to delve into this one.
Crustless Pumpkin Streusel Pie:
(adapted from my mother)
- 2 Tbsp Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut or Palm Sugar (or more brown sugar)
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free oats (pulsed once or twice in food processor to break up oats slightly) or Quinoa flakes if unable to tolerate GF Oats.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Organic butter, or Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Stick, or coconut oil (if using coconut oil, place in refrigerator to solidify)-cut into small pieces
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree, or 2 cups fresh pureed Pumpkin
- 12 ounces Full-fat Organic Coconut Milk (or evaporated milk, if not Dairy-free)
- 3 eggs (For EGG-FREE: Mix together in small bowl: 3 Tbsp Unsweetened Applesauce with 1 1/2 tsp additional Baking Powder with 2 Tbsp Warm Water and with 1 1/2 tsp Ener G Egg Replacer – use mixture where you would add eggs)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (OR 2/3 cup organic palm, or coconut, sugar)
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease pie plate (10 x 1 1/2 inches) well, getting into the ridges.
- In small bowl, mix all Streusel Topping ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- Place all Pumpkin Pie ingredients in blender or food processor in order listed. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pie just begins to set up a little. Then sprinkle with evenly with Streusel Topping and return to oven for 30-35 minutes more.
- Once knife inserted in center comes out clean, cool about 20 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 – 4 hours or until chilled.