Update: This Contest Has Ended!
The winner has been drawn through a randomized computer drawing.
And the winner is ……… Alexa from Lexi’s Kitchen !!!!!
Thank you so much to EVERYONE that entered. The response was wonderful and overwhelming! We will be hosting another iPod Touch giveaway in a couple of months, so be sure to check back and enter again!
Okay, so the recipe submittal and iPod Touch giveaway took a day longer to post than I had originally predicted. But I forgot to take into account two things: 1. Precious hubby is out of town on a business trip, and 2. Precious children are now on summer vacation…starting YESTERDAY! Thus, these two things equate to not much time being able to dedicate to blog posts!
So here we go! Wee ones are in bed and I now I can get down to business.
First, I want to explain that the real reason that I became so passionate about my blog and my app is because I really do feel that the world of gluten-free and allergy-free cooking is a community. There seems to be no competition – every one is really out to help each other through ideas, tips, recipes, suggestions….. But, to the average cook – and even to the very seasoned kitchen veterans – using substitutions in recipes can be daunting and often can yield results that are less than appetizing.
I have found, that there is nothing more helpful in this world of ingredient replacements than utilizing the advice of the other allergy-free “chefs” (i.e. you and me) out there. I believe that this is such a collaborative effort and I want to work at bringing the gluten-free and allergy-free community together even more so that we can use each other for ideas, feedback, support, and…venting. Taking the confusion out of this way of cooking is really my ultimate goal.
I have definitely struggled to get meals on the table that are happily devoured and are not met with sour faces. I have had some great successes, but man oh man, I have also had some great disasters!! My husband is wonderful at being extraordinarily diplomatic at critiquing the recipes. I have learned from his tones, his eye contact, and his gentle comments about which recipes are true flops and which are worthy of another showing at our dinner table.
So, with this all being said, I want to hear about your successes and also your failures in the gluten-free and/or allergy-free kitchen. If you have a special recipe that you are proud of, then I would love for you to share it. With your permission, I may even post your recipe on the site, or feature it in the app, with all credit to you and a direct link to your site/blog, if you have one! I would take each recipe that is submitted and give all of the substitution options in parenthesis to make any of the gluten free recipes also Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, and Corn-Free as well (and if a recipe would not be successful with substitutions, then I would note that too). I really want to figure out a way to create a recipe exchange, of sorts, on the site – separate from my blog – where users can submit recipes they may be proud of and allow them to request/search for other recipes that they may be looking for. A bartering of sorts, possibly…? Still have to figure the site logistics out on that part.
So here is where the iPod Touch giveaway and recipe submittals comes in:
To be eligible for the giveaway, you have to follow a few rules. The winner will be chosen through a random, computer generated, drawing that will include all eligible submitters.
- All recipes entered MUST be gluten-free, as written. If I use your recipe on the blog or in the App, I will make the necessary substitution suggestion options to make them allergy-free as well, if they are not already written as such. We have been excited with app sales so far, so if I feature your recipe in the app and you have a blog/site link for me to add, you may receive many more visits to your site/blog directly from the app.
- You are giving consent for any recipe you submit to be featured on the blog or in the app. All credits will be given directly to you. I am not trying to take credits for these recipes in any way. If I feature your recipe on the blog, I will probably request some more info about you so that I can give a little history of where the recipe came from.
- Each recipe submission following above rules will count as one submittal.
- If you tweet about this giveaway and recipe submission, it will count as another submittal. If you Facebook about it, it will also count as another submittal. If you do both, it will count as three (1 for recipe, 1 for Twitter, 1 for FB).
- You can enter as many recipes as you want to increase your chances of winning the iPod Touch, so long as you follow the above steps. However, please only submit recipes that are tried-and-true and, for the most part, yours. Do not just copy a recipe from another site and call it your recipe.
The prize, as I mentioned, is a brand new 8G 3rd Generation iPod Touch along with a free download of my iPhone, iPod, iPad Application. This is a prize worth over $200. The iPod Touch has all of the same features and multi-touch screen technology as the iPhone, just without the ability to make calls: Amazing music player, games, You Tube, Safari web-browser for wi-fi access, thousands of your photos, access to over 200,000 apps (including great Facebook and Twitter apps), Email, iTunes store access, Recipe storage, and so much more!
If you are interested, please leave me a comment and then I will email you from my direct email so that you can easily submit the recipes to me. If you do tweet or facebook about this post and giveaway, please send me a comment (and preferably a link) telling me you did so, so that I can add you again to the pool.
Submittals will be accepted until June 25th, 2010. We will be doing another equally exciting giveaway sometime after that, but this contest will be over then and the winner will be announced on the 26th of June, 2010! In all of my blog posts between now and then, I will link back to this post so that you can easily get to the rules.
Living gluten-free and allergy-free can be amazing. Looking at the obstacles and challenges that this lifestyle presents as stepping stones towards better health can be life-changing. Having a little fun with giveaways and great food along the way can make all of it even better!
Now let’s see some of those great recipes!