Our intestines account for over 70% of our immune system, so we can’t overlook the important connection between the health, integrity, and bacterial balance of the gut wall. Balancing intestinal bacteria can have an immediate effect on relief of symptoms and a gradual improvement in many chronic illnesses and auto-immune diseases.
It is so important to focus on re-establishing a healthy balance of intestinal flora with probiotics by adding fermented foods and beverages to the diet, such as yogurt, water or milk kefir, kombucha, Natto, naturally fermented vegetables, such as sauerkraut, and kimchi.
If you are not able to get enough from the listed foods and beverages, then adding a quality probiotic supplement to the diet will also be beneficial to bring balance to the bacteria levels in the gut.
20 Reasons Probiotics are a Key to Overall Health:
Probiotic Foods and Supplements:
- Are natural supplier of various strains of healthy bacteria and yeasts (probiotics) to our digestive tract and brings balance to your inner microflora
- Become an excellent source of Vitamins B1, B6, and B12
- Have a tonifying and cleansing effect on the intestines
- Have antibiotic and anti-fungal properties
- Contain many vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
- Strengthen and enhance the Immune System
- Have a cleansing effect on the entire body
- Help to eliminate Candida issues
- Can help to normalize metabolism
- Help to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne
- Can reduce inflammation in the body
- Can improve the function of the liver
- Can increase energy levels and lend an overall feeling of good health
- Alleviate negative affects of taking antibiotics
- Help to support healthy and youthful skin
- Therapeutic for upper respiratory infections
- Reduce lactose intolerance
- Increase ability to absorb nutrients from food
- Can help to alleviate bad breath
- Increase the body’s ability to absorb calcium
Probiotic intake for overall good health has been underestimated for years by the health community. The fact is that gut bacteria greatly affects both overall physical and mental health… so make sure you are including probiotic sources into your diet daily to ensure that you are optimizing your health.
If you need ideas of ways to add more probiotics to your daily diet, you can find plenty of recipes, meal ideas, shopping lists, and supplement suggestions HERE.